Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Judith - Univ Basel. Summer 2010.

I just came home from my travels in Southeast Asia and I want to thank you. You might remember that I spent July with Rose Charities in Chey Chumneas and then I went travelling with my boyfriend for a bit in Cambodia and Vietnam.
This month at the hospital was truly amazing, even more amazing than I had expected it to. Surely sometimes sad and depressing, but the work these people do just throws you off the chair (if you say that in English too...). The kindness and friendliness of these people is just outstanding. I can't even describe how privileged I feel to have been able to see and experience that, everything about it: the medical part, the cultural part, everything. Not just Joanna (who is doing a WONDERFUL job) but everybody there is just amazing and I loved my month there.
I guess I just want to say thank you for having given me the opportunity to participate. I feel very lucky to have been there!

No comments: