Friday, January 5, 2007

Kate. Univ. Otago. NZ

Hi Will,

Just wanted to write an let you know all is going really well here in
Phnom Pehn. I've been working with Nous Sarom for the last couple of
weeks and he has been really fantastic to me and the other students (Tom
and Emily ). Nous has gone out of his way to help us and has been very
generous with his time. I've been able to do a bit of surgery with Nous
as well as visit other NGOs at Chey Chumneas like Children's Mental Health
service and HIV/AIDs ward which I've found really interesting (or should I
say eye-opening!?). I'll hopefully join Dr Vra at his clinic next week and
then spend some more time at Chey Chumneas.

Just to keep you in the loop, I've had to change my flight back to NZ so
unfortunately I won't be here for the Rainbow mission (I was going to be
present for the first 2 days). My medical school elective administrator
has informed me that, despite writing the that my elective quater finished
on the 19th of November, I'm actually required to be back in NZ on the
13th of November to sit distinction examinations and be present for prize
giving. I'm disappointed not to have the extra time here but
unfortunatly that's the way things have worked out.

So all going well here and a big thanks for co-ordinating things here for
me!

Cheers,
Kate Romeril

No comments: